United States v. Roceleen Resto; (Federal District
Court for E.D. Pa.) 2006
- Defendant was acquitted of all charges in a ten week RICO conspiracy trial involving eight members of the Philadelphia chapter of the Almighty Latin King & Queen Nation.
City of Philadelphia v. Rocha; (PA Commonwealth Court)
- Appellant/Defendant successfully reversed a $707,832.05 civil tax verdict on appeal. This case is a published opinion located at 935 A.2d 586 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2007); 2007 WL 2579432.
United States v. Paul Crim; (Federal District
Court for E.D. Pa.) 2008
- Defendant was found not guilty of all charges in a month long multi-defendant trial involving an alleged Conspiracy to Defraud the United States in the amount of $10 million dollars. This case involved a complex tax fraud investigation conducted by the IRS into off-shore tax shelters marketed by the Commonwealth Trust Company, whose customers included actor Wesley Snipes.
United States v. Terry Walker; (Federal
District Court for E.D. Pa.) 2008
- Defendant was found not guilty on all counts during a multi-defendant drug and gun trial involving alleged members of the "Alton Coles Drug Conspiracy". Mr. Walker was the only defendant acquitted at trial of all charges in the twenty-two person indictment.
United States v. Nexus Technologies, et al.; Federal District Court for E.D. of Pa.) 2010
- Employee of company charged in the first Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) case in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania received a sentence of two years of probation. Defendant was indicted on Conspiracy, FCPA violations, Money Laundering, and Travel Act violations. Client faced a Federal Sentencing Guideline range of 70 to 87 months of incarceration.
- Successfully litigated a Section 2255 habeas corpus petition resulting in Defendant’s sentence of 151 months being vacated and a new trial ordered by the Court.
- Defendant was acquitted on all counts, including Hobbs Act Robbery, Conspiracy, and a Firearms Offense, in an alleged home invasion robbery.
- Defendant was found not guilty of First, Second, and Third Degree Murder, as well as other related offenses, based on jury finding that client acted in self-defense.
United States v. Joseph Serrano; Federal District Court for E.D. of PA) 2011
United States v. Shaning Washington; (Federal District Court for E.D. of PA) 2012
Commonwealth v. David Troy Johnson (Berks County Court of Common Pleas) 2012